Be the welcoming face of our congregation on Sunday mornings! Join the roster of folks who take turns serving as Ushers for our Sunday morning main services.
- approx. every 7 or 8 weeks serve as Usher at the main 10:30 / 11AM Sunday morning service; Usher schedule is currently made in three month blocks (once per quarter)
- with one other Usher, arrive twenty minutes early to neaten up the Fellowship Hall as needed; perhaps including straightening chairs and rows, distributing hymnals under the seats if needed, locating the collection baskets, obtaining the Usher tags and purple attendance folder from table in the foyer, assisting Service Leader
- ring chimes in foyer 5 minutes prior to start of service
- manage double doors to Fellowship Hall, opening and closing as needed
- greet apparent visitors entering Fellowship Hall and assist all in finding seats
- pass out New Here blue forms, and Joys / Sorrows yellow forms as needed
- count all people in the building during service time, record numbers on attendance chart
- pass collection baskets to congregation
- married or other couples are very welcome to pair up as ushers!
- be available via email for schedule changes, need for fill-in volunteers, procedural changes, etc.; no meetings, no committees, just learn the responsible tasks and do them
For more information, email Paul Spedding at email@example.com.